This recipe was adapted from Dana of Minimalist Baker’s ‘Almond meal cookies with chocolate chips and coconut. View the original recipe here: Minimalist Baker almond flour cookies
These are delicious almond flour biscuits which we made using the almond flour which we sell at our shop at The Colony Centre in Craighall.
Author: Sprouted Kitchen, modified by Minimalist Baker – See Minimalist Baker’s website for the full breakdown of her method.
Recipe type: Dessert, Gluten Free
Serves: 20 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate – we used Lindt 90%
- 1/2 cup fine coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (we used muscovado)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celcius.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, dark chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume.
- Whisk into the eggs the coconut oil and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Place the mixture in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
- Shape dough into bout 2.5 centre balls, place on baking sheet with 2 cm in between each.
- Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
- Bake for about 7-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown,
- Remove from oven and let them cool on a wire rack before serving.
Photo credit of biscuits from Minimalist Baker.