Frequently Asked Questions
We believe there are three main reasons why you should consider incorporating fresh juice, especially vegetable juice, into your lifestyle.
1. Fresh juice is the 15 minute nutrient express to health.
Many of us have impaired digestion which reduces our body’s ability to absorb nutrients from vegetables. Fresh juices go directly into your bloodstream and are therefore considered a 15-minute nutrient express to health. Unfortunately, store-bought juices contain virtually no nutrients due to the pasteurization process.
2. Juicing lets you add a wide variety of fruit and vegetables to your diet.
Many of us eat the same vegetables and fruits every day or worse, don’t even eat any on a regular basis! With juicing, you can enjoy a wide variety of vegetables that you don’t enjoy eating whole. Juicing is also the perfect way to consume the recommended daily serving of vegetables.
3. Fresh juice offers incredible health benefits.
After regularly consuming freshly pressed vegetable juices, which are highly alkalizing, you will experience improved energy levels, digestion and mental clarity, clearer skin, and an overall sense of wellbeing.
A cleanse is a means to allow the body to restore balance and flood it with an abundance of phytonutrients to enhance detoxification whilst giving the digestive system a rest.
A juice cleanse is likely to:
- Boost your immune system and give your body an injection of vitamins and minerals
- Rest the liver which is the main organ used for detoxifying
- Give the digestive system a break as nutrients will be assimilated quickly through the intestine
- Flood your body with phytonutrients and antioxidants which are essential for the clean-up and healing process
- Help you lose weight
- Increase your energy levels and improve mental clarity
- Rehydrate the body
- Increase your intake of greens
- Balance your blood sugar levels
- Nourish and replenish your cells
Health benefits of juice cleansing:
Fresh juices help cleanse the blood by transferring live plant energy rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes to our body. The fluid in fresh juices is pure water and contains no harmful substances such as preservatives, flavourants or colourants found in so many beverages on the shelf today. Drinking such a juice cleanse gives our liver and kidneys a break as these are the key organs for waste elimination and are constantly working hard to expel so many of the non-nutritive substances found in so much of our foods today.
Important factors to keep in mind during your cleanse:
- During your cleanse you should avoid all alcohol, caffeine and dairy, as well as nicotine. In fact we even suggest cutting back on caffeine, dairy and alcohol a few days before you start your juice cleanse
- It is recommended that you ease up on your usual work-out routine.
- Don’t do any heavy physical activity, rather some light exercise.
- Our cleanses provide enough calories and nutrients to keep your body functioning properly. However; it is normal to feel slightly uncomfortable during your cleanse, this is typically in the form of headaches or drowsiness. Remember, while your digestive system is getting a lighter load, your body is adjusting to the clean nutrients and ridding itself of toxins.
What if I feel really low on energy during my cleanse?
During the cleanse you would have cut out caffeine but you are allowed as much herbal tea and hot water with lemon as you like. However; if you’re feeling really low on energy we suggest a small amount of green tea – bearing in mind that green tea naturally contains a small amount of caffeine.
Is there anything I need to know once I have completed my cleanse?
- Return gradually to eating solid foods – Don’t eat any junk food or rubbish straight after the cleanse
- Avoid foods that are too rich
- Don’t over eat
- Don’t jump into anything strenuous or exhausting right after the cleanse
- Continue to take time to relax and integrate your juice cleanse experience back into your life
How will I know what to do during my cleanse?
We include an info card with your juices to guide you through your cleanse. Feel free to contact us should you have any additional questions – we are here to help.
How often should I drink each juice during the cleanse?
We find it works best to drink the juices two to three hours apart, but this will vary from person to person. Listen to your body – it’ll tell you what it needs!
Where do I get my protein?
Each of our cleanses contain at least one almond milk. You will get adequate amounts of protein from both the almond milk and our green juices in the form of plant-based protein.
Should I take my daily vitamins while doing the cleanse?
We do not suggest taking any vitamin supplements while on your cleanse. You will be consuming a large amount of fruit and vegetables which will act as your multi vitamin.
Are the juices gluten-free?
Yes. All our juices are gluten-free as they contain nothing but fresh fruit and vegetables. Our almond milks are simply almonds, filtered water, dates, vanilla bean and spices.
Can I partake in a juice cleanse if I’m under 18?
You should not undertake a juice cleanse if you are under 18.
Can I partake in a juice cleanse if I’m pregnant or breast feeding?
It is not recommended to undertake a juice cleanse if you are pregnant or breast feeding. While detoxing your body will be releasing built up toxins, these may be harmful to your baby.
Can you freeze the juices?
We prefer to only refrigerate our juices instead of freezing them to ensure that no nutrients are destroyed or lost.
How long do the juices last for?
Our juices are freshly cold-pressed each morning and immediately bottled to ensure a shelf life of up to 3 days when refrigerated. Each of our juices do have a best before date on them just in case.
What is cold-pressed juice?
The cold-pressed method extracts juice by pressing the fruit and vegetables. It is a much slower process than more common juicing methods and results in a juice that contains a high amount of vitamins, minerals and enzymes.