A cleanse is a means to allow the body to restore balance and flood it with an abundance of phytonutrients to enhance detoxification whilst giving the digestive system a rest.
A juice cleanse is likely to:
- Boost your immune system and give your body an injection of vitamins and minerals
- Rest the liver which is the main organ used for detoxifying
- Give the digestive system a break as nutrients will be assimilated quickly through the intestine
- Flood your body with phytonutrients and antioxidants which are essential for the clean-up and healing process
- Help you lose weight
- Increase your energy levels and improve mental clarity
- Rehydrate the body
- Increase your intake of greens
- Balance your blood sugar levels
- Nourish and replenish your cells
Health benefits of juice cleansing:
Fresh juices help cleanse the blood by transferring live plant energy rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes to our body. The fluid in fresh juices is pure water and contains no harmful substances such as preservatives, flavourants or colourants found in so many beverages on the shelf today. Drinking such a juice cleanse gives our liver and kidneys a break as these are the key organs for waste elimination and are constantly working hard to expel so many of the non-nutritive substances found in so much of our foods today.
Important factors to keep in mind during your cleanse:
- During your cleanse you should avoid all alcohol, caffeine and dairy, as well as nicotine. In fact we even suggest cutting back on caffeine, dairy and alcohol a few days before you start your juice cleanse
- It is recommended that you ease up on your usual work-out routine.
- Don’t do any heavy physical activity, rather some light exercise.
- Our cleanses provide enough calories and nutrients to keep your body functioning properly. However; it is normal to feel slightly uncomfortable during your cleanse, this is typically in the form of headaches or drowsiness. Remember, while your digestive system is getting a lighter load, your body is adjusting to the clean nutrients and ridding itself of toxins.